ICIE operates multiple social media accounts for the sole purpose of sharing inspiration to the community and relevant information such as news, announcements, activities and events. The only official accounts are linked on the official ICIE website at www.ranchomasjid.org.
Terms and Conditions of Use
The official language of ICIE is English and all communication on all platforms should be in English except for common Arabic phrases and greetings.
To promote peace and prosperity within our diverse community, ICIE will not allow its platforms to be used for discussing or debating any of the following topics,
- Opinions on Islamic Sects/Groups/Tribes such Wahhabism, Sufism, Salafism, Shia, Sunni etc.
- Opinions on any other religions or cultures
- Debates on open ended topics that ICIE has no authority or control over.
- Topics on Fiqh (Personal opinions or interpretations of Quran and Sunnah)
- Topics that may lead to Fitnah (divisions) in our community
- Topics that are not related to the ICIE community.
- Topics that are widely regarded as conspiracy theories.
- Topics related to Government Policies, Politics or Political Figures of any nature.
- Government Policies except if it specifically relates to and affects Inland Empire residents.
In addition, ICIE has a zero-tolerance policy for the following
- Personal attacks on any individual, group, country, government, religion or organization.
- Slander, Hate speech, Incitement to violence or criminal activity of any type.
- Chain messages/videos/posts of any kind
Members are encouraged to participate with ICIE on its social media accounts but agree that any and all content even if in compliance with this agreement will be considered their own personal opinion which may or may not reflect the opinions and policies of ICIE management and staff. ICIE shall not be held liable for any repercussions a members’ post may incur.
All accounts are operated by volunteers, on their own time, who are entrusted to make every effort to enforce these rules in a fair manner and are not required to explain their reasons in any public forum. Volunteers will use the following guidelines to moderate the platform content.
- Giving one (1) warning privately and requesting corrective action such as the contributor remove offending content immediately.
- Giving one (1) follow up warning publicly, naming the individual if necessary and deleting the offending content when possible.
- Banning or otherwise restricting the individual from future participation on all ICIE social media platforms.
- Recommending to ICIE management that offending individual’s membership should be revoked.